Monday 30 July 2012

#writemotivation update and Camp Nano? Anyone?

Writemotivation Update!

I set myself these goals at the start of the month:

1) Finish line edit of my novel - DONE
2) Continue to post twice a week in blog - DONE
3) Rough outline a new idea - DONE... kinda?

Yay! I do have to read over the line edits to make sure they make sense so there’s a caveat there I guess, but I’m calling them done!

The new idea outline... isn’t quite working but I did DO one. Does that count? I am not sure it does but hey...! I must say I have found setting goals really helps as does the awesome encouragement which goes on on #writemotivation on twitter. Thanks everyone.

As for August: I am going to join in Camp Nano! So my only goal for August is to complete the necessary words. I am not even going to set myself the goal they have to be on one piece. I am having trouble getting my next idea together, working, so I may have to write several openings to different pieces.



And maybe beg some poor souls to help me work out which of them works. Hope one of them does. ;)


But I am not putting any stress on myself other than to regularly write, try and make the word count, and hopefully by Autumn have a project to focus on further.


It may mean a slightly less regular blogging/commenting scheduling but am going to do my best to keep up!

Do join me in Camp Nano if you are doing it! Are you setting any goals for the summer? What's your next writing project?



PS Oh my forgot to say: 100 followers, a giveaway will follow, likely next week ;)

17 comments:

  1. Nice job meeting these goals, and congrats on 100 followers! My goal has been to finish revising and editing my WIP and have it ready to send to beta readers by the end of July...and I think I'm just BARELY going to make it! I might have to type up the edits in the first two days of August and cut some additional words while they're reading, though. I'm not quite at the right stage for a month of NaNo-level drafting, but good luck with that! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the congrats.

      Oooh you are nearly making your goal? Sounds v. close so yay to all those July achievements!!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to follow your progress through Camp Nano! Congrats on 100 followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on 100!
    see you at camp! you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you at camp! I'll bring the s'mores. I hope I have that right. Having never been to camp.

      Delete
  4. I just noticed you'd hit a hundred followers - congratulations.
    Not doing NaNo as I am about to finish the first draft of my next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      OOooh congrats on finishing first draft of your next book!

      Delete
  5. Woot for completing your goals, well done!
    Good luck at Camp Nano, and congrats for reaching 100 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job meeting your goals!! #Writemotivation really helps! I love our little online writing community!! And those cookies, aren't they awesome??

    I will also be drafting a new novel during NaNo, we should be NaNo buds!!

    I am currently working on revisions with my second novel slated for release this fall. Once that one is out, it is on to the NaNo novel!! =)

    Grats on the 100 followers!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation cookies SO HELP!

      oooh yes lets be Nano buds!! *jumps with glee* Lets!

      Delete
  7. great job! i'm seriously thinking about doing camp nano as well - best decide soon, eh? and congrats on 100 followers. i'm inching towards that number ever so slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh do it do it, I will cheer you on ;)

      & thank you.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on all the progress and good luck with Camp Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot! :D

    So what if the outline isn't working. Keep it and go back to it from time to time. The solution will come to you before long. Good luck. :)

    IWSG #179 (At least for today.)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, I'd love to know what you think! :)