Alex J Cavanaugh's Top 10 Movie Countdown Blogfest! (See link for those joining in!)
The instructions really could not be more simple: List your Top 10 Fave Movies!
The only difficulty I have here is in ranking my top 10 - I think my absolute fave varies, and my top 10 varies also. So, in no particular order, here are my top 10 (this week):
The Sci-Fi Crew:
1. Terminator 2 - I just love this film. I have probably watched it more than any other (excepting maybe Star Wars). I love how strong Sarah Connor is. I love how Arnie turns from Hunter to Protector in this film. I could quote it nearly word for word. "No Problemo." "Hasta La Vista Baby." Ahhh. I want to watch it now.
2. The Matrix - I like to pretend the sequels didn't exist. One of the few films where I have walked out of the cinema and wanted to walk right back in again and re-watch it. Home of one of the most copied sequences (where the camera pans around Neo). Awesome does not cut it. "Stop trying to hit me and hit me."
3. Star Wars: A New Hope - because it's STAR WARS dudes. And Han Solo needs a mention. And Obi Wan. "These are not the droids you're looking for."
4. Donnie Darko - I just could not get enough of this movie. Saw it tons of times in the cinema. Inventive. Brilliant acting.The Gyllenhaal. "I promise that one day, everything's gonna be better for you."
The '80s Lot:
5. Heathers - ahhh Heathers. "Greetings and Salutations!" "What's your damage, Heather?" Christian Slater at his sexiest. Nuff said.
The '90s Lot
6. Pump Up The Volume. - another Slater fave. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who loves this film. He's a pirate radio DJ - mild mannered by day, outrageous by night. "It's like a dirty thought in a nice clean mind."
7. Speed - Because seriously. The opening lift sequence is nail-biting excitement that would be the denouement in another movie and is JUST THE START here. A simple, great set up: There's a bomb on a bus. Keanu, being muscley hotness. Sandra Bullock being fab. "Pop Quiz Hot Shot."
8. Reality Bites - Not many movies really capture that post college, finding your feet, working out what to be time and Reality Bites does it perfectly. We need more novels like this. Eminently quotable, I still love Troy Dyer. "All you have to be by the time you're 23 is yourself." I could quote this entire movie. But I won't.
The Chick Flicks
9. 13 Going on 30 - I just... it's so cute! Jennifer Garner is cute and the plot zips along and I just love it. I'm not sure why, even. "If you're gonna start lying about your age, I'd go with 27."
10. Mean Girls - who doesn't love this? Brilliant writing, Tina Fey is a goddess. "Stop trying to make fetch happen!"
Many many movies I couldn't mention. Any of the above on your list?